Monday, August 23, 2010

Uh, Anytime Guys

It's been positively giddy in Raiderland these days. Jason Campbell actually looks like a professional quarterback, the defense has been feisty with Rolando McClain and Kamerion Wimbly added to the mix. Hell, we've even heard that DHB is finally blooming into something resembling a pro WR.

The only problem is, when it comes to DHB, we haven't seen it. Quite frankly, aside from seeing him drop a pass in the first preseason game, I haven't seen him at all. This is concerning. I've read on some websites that he's suffering from "fatigue" and that's why he hasn't been playing. If this were the 80's I'd be convinced he was doing massive amounts of coke. Since it's not, I can only assume that he still sucks or is hurt. Either way, I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

Come to think of it, you could say the same thing for Darren McFadden and Chaz Scheilens as well. D-Mac was supposed to finally be ready to stop being a injury prone fumble machine and get sick with Bush in the backfield. Chaz was supposed to be back from that foot injury and ready to be the No. 1 guy. As near as I can tell, these guys have the same amount of snaps I do.

I think they could live without D-Mac. Bush and Cartwright should be good enough and only having one back might actually make Cable give the bulk to Bush. I think Chaz is tougher to replace though. Lou Murphy is fine but Johnny Lee Higgens, Kevin Miller, Jacoby Ford, et al. are scary indeed.

Hell, DHB might start if he ever gets his rest.
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment