Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Prep the Silkwood Shower!

I'm going to thoroughly disgust myself and defend Brett Favre from the media onslaught he's currently facing.

In the wake of any number of reports saying that Favre called it quits because of the bum ankle, there have been many talking head types either taking shots at Favre for being selfish or making fun of his flip flopping ways.

My questions is; how exactly did Brett Favre do anything wrong this time? He didn't hold a press conference, do an interview or send a fax to ESPN. As far as I can tell ESPN got word of some unsubstantiated e-mail and just went crazy with it. This after spiking a completely factual story about LeBron James because a reporter didn't appropriately identify himself. Whatever that means.

The entire sports media got bit by it's own snake on this one by jumping the gun big time. The only actual statement from Favre? "If my ankle feels ok I'll play." What a revelation! I hope Skip Bayless didn't explode with righteous indignation before that got cleared up.
. . . .


Speaking of unsubstantiated rumors, can I interest you in one where Favre texted pictures of his hog to a former college football pinup/current sideline pinup? Isn't that better than his crappy retirement speculation?
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment