Thursday, August 26, 2010

Funk Chowder

As I watch the the talking heads on ESPN dissect the Pats/Rams preseason tune-up, I waited and waited for the glaring story from the game.

We got roughly 74 hours worth of Tom Brady to Randy Moss analysis sprinkled with a healthy dose of Rob Gronkowski. Clearly the Pats put on a scoring display.

I guess I was the only one who noticed that every time NE scored they were still losing.

This is the 3rd preseason game where the starters and seconds play well into the second half. The Ram starters, minus Donnie Avery and with rookie Bradford, went into the half up 20-14 and went up 27-14 in the third before winning 36-35. Hell, the Pats even got a special teams TD and never went on top.

I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that NE is any different than last years frauds. Will the offense be good? Sure, except it won't have a running game and Brady is going to take a lotta hits. As we saw last year, you can't just outscore everyone playing in Foxboro, Buffalo and New York all year. You need a stout D and at least a little ability to play ball control. Right now they can't do either and the Rams spanked em.
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

1 comment:

  1. oh snap , I didn't even notice that. and considering how much I've been hating on the talking heads lately I'm surprised I didn't catch that !

    ReplyDelete