Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Any Time Now

It appears that the Tom Vilsack has reversed course and offered to hire Shirley Sherrod back to the USDA in some new capacity. Sherrod had recently been fired for making seemingly racist comments that turned out to be contained in a longer speech on her moment of clarity concerning race relations and the need not to discriminate.

If that's the case then good for her, she was judged far too quickly and deserves her apology.

I'm still here waiting for mine though.

As a Conservative, I've been labeled a racist for years by the same people who are jumping in line to apologize for taking this person's comments out of context. These same people who are dispicable hypocrites.

The same people that tell me that States Rights are code for Jim Crow laws,
The same people who say the Constitution is racist,
The same people that say wanting to cut the deficit is racist,
The same people that say if I'm against Obama, I'm racist
The same people that say if I want colorblind standards in educational or hiring, I'm racist and sexist,
The same people that told us welfare reform is racist,
The same people that tell me societal quotas aren't racist.

While I'm happy that Shirley Sherrod has her apology I doubt strongly that these same media hacks will abandon their context-less judgment of any and all conservatives. If Shirley Sherrod had been a known Republican instead of a minority female, she wouldn't have gotten hers either. As this is the case I will also continue to pre-judge all media heads/"journalists" as a bunch of lying, hypocritical, leftwing, mindless drone douchebags until me and mine get our apology.

I'll be here waiting.
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment