Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Drought Is Over

The New York Yankees moved on to the World Series by beating the Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim, San Jose, Silver Lake, Diamond Bar and El Cajon 5-2 Sunday night.

More impressively, they also beat their own manager, Joe Girardi who seemed to be actively working against them.

Girardi himself seemed surprised by the teams success. "Whew! I assumed I'd somehow manage to F@#! up this one too, that's why I decided to hold a fully rested Sabathia over to game 7. Figured it was inevitable." Girardi remarked.

When asked about a couple of tense moments during the game, Girardi recalled when "Andy threw a 0-2 ball to Figgens in the 1st. I thought maybe he didn't have his A game. Lucky thing Gaudin wasn't warm or I would've pulled his ass." In regards to how far he could stretch Rivera, Girardi said he had no problems stretching him out a bit. "My only question was if I could get six outs with Mo or 15."

When asked to comment, Riviera told MLB's Harold Reynolds. "I tried to hit him (Girardi) with a champagne cork during the celebration. I think I may have knocked Minka Kelly into the old stadium."

While Girardi's bizarre substitutional antics were seen as ALCS whimsy, don't expect the team to tolerate it during the World Series. "This is the big show" Captain Jeter said "if he tries to pinch run Guzman for A-Rod in the sixth, I'm paying a drifter to kill him."

Game 1 is Wednesday night in the stadium.
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment