Friday, January 14, 2011

Close the Borders

I've frequently complained about the influx of Californians fleeing their ruined home state to come to our beautiful state (Colorado) so they can destroy it as well.

Usually my complaint is the nutty left wing politics they bring with them and try to get implemented. Sure, why wouldn't they? They worked so well in California.

Apparently, in addition to failed political policies, they've been bringing civil law enforcement procedures as well. I was unaware until today but apparently the Denver Police Department is getting a reputation for beating the living shit out of people on a regular basis.

To confirm this I googled "denver police brutality". My computer literally slapped me, then stuffed a bag of coke into my pocket.

Before the processor exploded though, I read this story about a poor guy who took an illegal left turn and ended up looking like Mickey Rourke on a really bad night.
Now I'm no PhD in public administration, maybe my theory that the LAPD's Rampart Division quietly infiltrated the DPD in an attempt to punish minorities in a different state is way off base, but even I know that a guy who gets pulled over for an illegal left and has enough sense to ask for a search warrant doesn't just blindly grab a cops gun.
I realize that it can be difficult for the police to differentiate between 19 year old community college students and MS-13 members but you'd think the police would show a tad bit more restraint after they got in trouble for beating the holy hell out of Michael DeHerrera.
Now, I realize John Hickenlooper didn't feel the need to do anything about this when he was Denver's mayor but maybe he'll feel like exerting some pressure now that he's our Governor. Somebody sure as hell as better because I don't really want our state to corrode any further. Colorado is one of the good places left in this country to live, where would I go if it turned in Cali East? Wyoming, Nebraska, New Mexico? I guess if the time comes when I have to flee incompetent government and abusive police I'll just flip a coin; heads and I'll go live the Mormons in Utah, tails and it's North Dakota and Canadians.
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment